One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5 - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5 (/showthread.php?tid=873)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - CombatEX - 12-07-2012 09:45 AM

Thanks for the help GreatGonzales!

Gfich, I noticed a news item in-game informing players that the 2v2 Random tournament was starting. Perhaps you could request adam do a similar notification for this tournament. Players who don't frequent the forums may not be aware.

(12-07-2012 04:08 AM)Harti Wrote:  When is this starting anyway..?

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th!

joelduque Wrote:I back out from this tourney. Gotta set my priorities and hit the books. Apologies to the organizers and others. This is for the best! Smile

That's unfortunate, but of course your studies come first. It's too bad the tournament start is right before finals (at least for my university).

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - terenceshiu2005 - 12-07-2012 10:31 AM

(12-07-2012 09:45 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Thanks for the help GreatGonzales!

Gfich, I noticed a news item in-game informing players that the 2v2 Random tournament was starting. Perhaps you could request adam do a similar notification for this tournament. Players who don't frequent the forums may not be aware.

(12-07-2012 04:08 AM)Harti Wrote:  When is this starting anyway..?

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th!

joelduque Wrote:I back out from this tourney. Gotta set my priorities and hit the books. Apologies to the organizers and others. This is for the best! Smile

That's unfortunate, but of course your studies come first. It's too bad the tournament start is right before finals (at least for my university).

I am not a student, but I think it is good to postpone it if no objection. Otherwise, the progress will be slow due to some players are busy for exam.

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - garcia1000 - 12-07-2012 11:46 AM

I am fine with postponing, if it's finals week for many people.

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - GreatGonzales - 12-07-2012 03:17 PM

One problem with delaying the tournament is that it will butt up against an eventual season 2 tournament, if one occurs. These things take a long time as you know. However, if it means higher participation among key people, I'm ok with it!

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - garcia1000 - 12-07-2012 07:46 PM

For best of 3, we should play ALL THREE GAMES AT ONCE. THere's no reason to play two and then one. This halves the play time.

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - GreatGonzales - 12-08-2012 01:08 AM

(12-07-2012 07:46 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  For best of 3, we should play ALL THREE GAMES AT ONCE. THere's no reason to play two and then one. This halves the play time.

Agree with this.

Also, I think there is no reason to delay this tournament unless we can confirm that it would change joelduque's mind about dropping out. Maybe Gfich can confirm?

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - CombatEX - 12-08-2012 05:21 AM

Yea. Even during preparation for finals I think players can afford to take a turn in each game at least once every 4 days (if you're really studying for 4 days straight with not even a 15 minute break then =/).

I agree with the BO3 idea. The only issue is how do we determine who goes first twice and who picks the map? Before the idea was for the winner in fewer turns of the first two games to choose between getting the map choice or turn order choice. Instead we could just make all three games on the same map. Fortunately we have the 8 wits for P2 so it's not as important who goes first in 2 games. I guess this could be a random decision?

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - garcia1000 - 12-08-2012 10:44 AM

I suggest same map for all games. Flip a coin or something. Winner can choose 1p or 2p, but has to tell opponent his team. (or he can give opponent the choice)

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - poweewee - 12-08-2012 12:58 PM

(12-07-2012 03:17 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  One problem with delaying the tournament is that it will butt up against an eventual season 2 tournament, if one occurs. These things take a long time as you know.

I agree with this. After all, we did take signups on who would be available to play. If some will not be able to play, then perhaps we can replace them with someone on the waiting list?

RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1 starting December the 8th! - Surra - 12-08-2012 07:38 PM

I'm fine with the delay. So is it random partners?
In the game I have brackets round my name. [surra]